Aimed at e-Learning developers, this case study draws on the JISC-funded Cascade project’s experience of designing tools, systems and resources to enable academic and administrative staff to easily use a VLE to support course delivery.
This suggests that using technology to support a course delivered either fully online, largely face-to–face or via blended learning, can provide real value to both staff and students. However, it is easy to do this in such a way that it creates more work without fully delivering on the potential benefits. Avoid this by:
- Identifying where and how technology really adds value;
- Developing tools and procedures that make it easy for all staff to set up and use a VLE;
- Embedding support within existing cycles of work, wherever possible;
- Ensuring adequate support and guidance is available to prevent basic barriers;
- Providing cost- and time-effective options to ensure services are sustainable.
Read the full case study at: Cascade Case Study 4: Enabling staff to easily use a VLE to support course delivery.